a couple of new and exciting opportunity’s are in the future for us here on the ‘hill’ and i have been trying to organize a ‘working plan’…this will mean that i can fit everything in my week, teach classes and also meet the deadlines we will have.
Are you the same as me…. if i get too bogged down in work I don’t fit in the fun, family and faith times and I need that BALANCE in my life.
..i have been working on different surfaces this week and realize i am quite a fusspot when it comes to base coating wood, i would rather paint a couple of thinner layers,sanding in between than one thick layer….it gives a much smoother surface and makes the detailing easier.
I use sanding blocks for the initial sanding and then brown paper to buff the wood, of all the things i have tried brown paper gives a really smooth finish before adding the final coat of paint. (so don’t throw out the brown paper parcel wrapping or bags!)
even though base coating is not my favorite job, i do like seeing all the projects lined up ready for detailing
3 of the chunky Wedding frames and a couple of key holders and dog plaques ready for posting tomorrow
on my To Do list for this week:-
- Quilts for Comfort planning meeting..
- Get together with goldsmith girlies
- Finish more products for new adventure (going to post about this as soon as i get the go ahead)
- Wedding Anniversary meal with ‘Mr Darcy’..(I’m even calling David that now Karen!!)
- Shape of The Month completed for August (yes its coming back…)
- ..and today another chance to watch my current favorite film with one of my girlies