…a major step …I have decided to challenge myself to a 21 day sugar detox!!..it’s nearly the end of day one and i’m beginning to wonder if I have LOST THE PLOT!!
I should take 3 steps back (mother may I?….did everyone play that game at school?) and explain WHY I made this decision..
- …although I love my boots and I am smiling, all I see is the tired eyes, double chins and joints that are hurting
..there is a ‘pumpkin’ on the way…our daughter Kirsty is expecting (thanks giving day, hence the name ‘pumpkin’) and I really want to be bright eyed and bushy tailed when this little joy arrives.
3. …on a serious note…it’s time for me to stop using food as a comfort blanket, it has helped me in the last 18 months to not take on any big challenges BUT now is the time for me to tackle the issue of comfort eating. I have in the past used this plan to help with my Crohn’s Disease, a detox helps get my system on track.
4. Writing about this on here I think will help me take the 21 steps
this is the basic list of what I can and cannot eat, as you can see there are plenty of healthy wholesome foods, so I won’t go hungry and portions don’t have to be counted.
- Today not having my endless cups of tea wasn’t the best…hot water didn’t quite do the trick
- my slices of toast with lashings of butter and marmalade were a big miss
- I do have a headache but that’s normal on day one
- On a positive note I really enjoyed avocado, mackerel and scrambled egg on the menu (not on one plate I might add)