….I’ve taken more steps since I last wrote…today is day 5 of the 21 day Sugar detox ..
I have written a little diary this week, it has helped focus my brain on the positives as well as an outlet for the negatives..
- – I woke up to such a pounding head I thought it was going to explode
- + smoked salmon and scrambled egg breakfast…soooo yummy
- + and – hot water with slice of lemon..i did miss my morning cup of tea
- + the amazing support and encouragement I received on the blog/FB/texts and e.mails…really helped me take the next steps
- + went shopping and organised what I could eat rather than what I couldn’t
- + wrote a weeks menu…I included snacks as well because I’m such a snacker ‘Sandra the Secret Snacker’…(not to be said 20 x fast because it then sounds really funny!!)
- – must remember to drink more water, really need water to flush out the system.
- + really nice sautéed chicken with ginger/lemon and coriander.
- – thought I had got away with the headaches….ohhh no!! must be an indicator of how much sugar and processed food I have been eating.
- + made my self eat breakfast this morning, really glad I did because it really helped with cravings. I had scrambled egg and mushrooms + a juice of spinach, cucumber, pepper and beetroot.
- + had to take my aunt to hospital…really glad I took snack of almonds and drank a lot of water.
- – skin,ears and scalp felt really itchy.
- + my lovely hubby took me out to eat…..I stuck to plan with mixed grill, exchanged steak fry’s for salad and the lovely waitress brought me hot waters with lemon….would usually had a couple of lattes and glass of red wine.
- – really missed cuppa tonight
- + writing this diary is helping
- + no headaches………aghhhh.. bliss, to everyone who battles with migraines I am sending you a massive hug x
- + breakfast today was a big glass of juice..beetroot with carrot, spinach and pepper
- – I should have taken something to work for mid morning munchies ( didn’t follow my own menu plan!!)
- + But I did take a salad and opened a can of sardines….
- +++++ a BIG thank you to Amy for bringing me mixed nuts to snack on in the afternoon…you saved me drooling every time someone took a biscuit from the ‘biscuit tea pot’!!
- – cravings have been the big battle today…I CAN do this…
- + I had made a big pan of Mexican bean soup yesterday and that was soooo good to come home to.
- + thank you again for all the encouragement I have been getting…it really is helping x
- – I have to admit that this morning I REALLY WANTED a bacon sandwich, not only that I WANTED as many peanut butter and Nutella sandwiches I could eat before feeling sick…..I know.. I hang my head…you all know now the reason for my treble chins!!
- + I didn’t give in, instead I juiced spinach, carrot, pepper, celery, beetroot and cucumber….it DID not taste like bacon or peanut butter but I am happy I didn’t give in.
- – I have felt really dizzy today and a bit nauseous but reading what has happened to other people on this detox it seems normal.
- + Mexican bean soup for lunch and avocado and egg salad
- + tried hot water with fresh ginger, a nice alternative to the lemon
- + I’m no longer feeling like ALL of the seven allergy dwarves – itchy, sneezy, scratchy, stuffy, puffy, drippy and whiny.
….so the next steps today are…to go shopping and top up on lemons, nuts and fish +prepare a nice stir fry for evening meal + a long soak in the bath + catch up on programmes taped this week Doc Martin, Downton Abbey and my podcasts from Saddleback…